UK Etsy Sellers Who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf

Monday 21 September 2009

Bad Day :(

Apologies for not having been very active. I spend Friday and Saturday moving all my stuff back up to uni in Birmingham and then what was left of the weekend was designated 'boyfriend time'.

So. I'm back in student accomodation...and it's already cold :( It's a better house than last year, despite already having given some of my housemates carbon monoxide poisoning, but it's just not a real home. I love spending time at my parent's house, it feels so much more real than this one! Have been floating quite aimlessly today. Went to the library to do some work only to discover upon arriving that I'd lost one of the earrings I finished making this morning. They're relatively inexpensive, but I was so proud and now I have to make another :( Unless, of course, someone finds it and hands it in. Alas, it's a 20 minute walk from my house to campus and I have no idea at what point I lost it!

I managed to list a new necklace/bracelet set today :) And actually, I listed one on thursday that I don't think I told you about :)
Mulberry pearls:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31046763
Mint green pearls:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31300443

I'm simply too sleepy to give you pictures, but please do have a look. They're very pretty and reasonably priced :)

There is some sunshine on the horizon! A friend has just sent me a text to ask if I'm up for the pub tonight. Most definately yes! That has cheered me up somewhat :)

I spent some of this morning going through a new pricing method for my jewellery. It's a commonly used one and in contrast to my usual 'guess what someone would pay' method, it takes into account things like wages and overheads. The issue is, the figures I'm getting out of this seem grossely inflated to me :/ I shall have to revise this and see what I can come up with!

Ok, I now need food. I skipped lunch (not a wise move, considering my current state of mind) and my stomach thinks my throat's been cut!

3 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

Being someplace that isn't home is always a little bit of a downer. Carbon Monoxide poisoning...yikes! Has that been fixed? Scary. Hope you settle in soon and maybe it will feel a little homier :)

Flippinpest said...

Hope that your house becomes more familiar and more like 'home' soon. I know what you mean about pricing jewellery, I have the same problem. I am working on the guesswork price band at the moment (and asking my crafty friends)
Your jewellery is beautiful!

Eiriel's Eclectics said...

Aly, the poisoning thing was thankfully fixed very quickly. Apparently sa fence post had fallen down and knocked our flue out, so the gas was just being let out in the house. Joy >.>

Thank you, Flippinpest! I'm glad you like it :D It's definately something I need to work on - if I'm going to keep selling to gift shops my prices need to go up so I actually make money on the wholesale orders.

Post a Comment