UK Etsy Sellers Who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf

Thursday 9 July 2009

Contemplating business

Evening all!

Another fantastic day at the office, tomorrow I actually get to offer advice to a writer. Good first 50 pages, needs a bit of adjusting and a more suitable agent but he may actually get published.

I spent the evening talking with my dear friend Nicky (who was my babysitter, then my mum's best friend, then our legal guardian and is now just...close, close friend to the whole family) about my Etsy shop and my jewellery in general. Paid work is somewhat unforthcoming at the moment - it's hard for students everywhere and she suggested building up a line of jewellery and approaching local boutiques and gift shops. I think this is a good idea and it just so happens that I ordered a small quantity of silver and gold jump rings yesterday as I need more stock anyway. I'm also awaiting a large pearl order (will post photos when they arrive!), partly why I bought the silver and gold.

It's exciting and scary. I'm going to have to spend a fair bit of money building up stock etc...but I think it will pay off in the end. Etsy is great, but I can't see it being regular, reliable business for a while yet.

Quick look at potential stock for you, I made this set a month or so ago and sold the necklace and bracelet. I want to make something similar, probably in precious metals and without the silver charms. What do you think?


2 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

I love your work! They are so unique and distinctive. Doing jewelry is scary because you do have to spend a lot up front in supplies so you can fill your store. I have yet to break even, but I love it anyway!

Frenchell said...

Love that bracelet!

Post a Comment