UK Etsy Sellers Who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf

Tuesday 25 August 2009

No More Work :(

So, I had my last shift ever at work yesterday. True, it's only a summer job, but it's been my third year there and I got quite emotional.

For those who don't know, I (was) a care worker at a day center for adults with learning difficulties. It was one of the most difficult, rewarding and unpredictable job I've ever had. Yes, every day had a plan at the beginning of it, but it rarely went as it was supposed to.

I didn't tell any of the clients until right before I left. Those who were able to understand that me leaving today, as I did every other day, did not mean that I would be coming back as I did every morning, said that they would miss me. I appreciated the sentiment, though I doubt some of them would remember me enough to miss me :)

I won't be going back next summer as I'm planning on moving in with my partner, some 3 hours travel away. A bit too much for a commute :D Never mind...next summer will bring the excitement of trying to find a job in publishing :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment