UK Etsy Sellers Who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf

Sunday 3 January 2010

Long Time No Speak :)

Well, good evening!

It's been a while, but I'm still here!

I hope you all had a restful and enjoyable Christmas and that you've recovered from your New Year celebrations :D
I've had an excellent couple of weeks, although sadly real-life must resume tomorrow as I have uni work to do before term starts on Monday.

Couple of film recommendations for you - Avatar and Sherlock Holmes are both excellent.
Avatar is (obviously) beautiful, but the plot isn't half bad either. If you can afford it I would strongly encourage you to see it in 3D, it's well worth the extra expense.
Sherlock Holmes is just a really fun, well-shot and well-scripted film. Jude Law and Robert Downey Jnr. both give terrific performances. I had some initial doubts about this one due to the heavy influence on magic early on - anyone who knows anything about Holmes knows full well that magic really doesn't figure largely. My faith was restored halfway though when I guessed a couple of things, so overall it was very enjoyable.
(Please note: do not be put off by me guessing parts of the plot. This happens A LOT. I seem unable to just watch a film, I have to analyse it as I go along and try to see where the writers are leading the audience astray!)

Out of the Christmas money my Dad and Grandmother gave me I've purchased some fun bits of equipment which now means I can (gasp!) drill holes and polish metal to a respectable shine, as well as make rings. Hurrah! I will be having fun with those in the next month of so, photos will be forthcoming :)

I still owe a tutorial for the tutorial exchange programme (http://totallytutorials.blogspot.com/), hopefully I'll actually be able to finish that soon. Been having some slight problems with the design I originally had in mind, so it will need some reworking :)

Before I go, here are some photos of a neck-piece I made a while ago. I can across this amazing Etsy shop last year (http://www.etsy.com/shop/lilianasterfield) and thought that something similar would be an excellent use for my late Grandfather's silk ties. I rescued them from his house as they were going to be thrown away. He was an impeccably dressed man and I wanted to keep his beautiful ties so I could remember him.

2 comments:

Kat said...

thanks! love that neck piece!!

Eiriel's Eclectics said...

You're welcome :)

I'm proud of it, have to say it looks much better with just a plain white shirt ^^

Post a Comment