UK Etsy Sellers Who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf

Wednesday 31 March 2010

The Most Amazing Year Thus Far

Yes, I am inclined to be a tad dramatic at times.
But it's true! This year has been really, really great. And it's only March :)

That's the main reason why I haven't written recently. There's so many exciting things going on that I just haven't had the time.
Academic news first.
I had a meeting with my dissertation supervisor in February (I think) and he told me he wants to try and publish it. And that I should really apply to do postgrad work. Now, I've always wanted to do a PhD but put it off for various reasons. Alasdair telling me that I -should- gave me the kick I needed to apply for an MPhil (hopefully I can use that as the first year of a PhD). Only hitch was that I was planning on moving in with my partner in a different city. So, I rang him that evening and told him (he was thrilled) and he's now looking for work in Birmingham :D So not only do I get to stay in the city I love, but the man I love will be joining me!
I've been accepted onto the MPhil programme too, as long as I get a 2:2 or higher. Shouldn't be an issue :)
Publishing news.
I am the new fiction editor for Filament magazine! I applied a few weeks ago, got shortlisted and had to do a few tasks and the editor emailed me and said I'd got the job if I wanted it. Seeing as I'd be going into publishing if I wasn't continuing with education, this is possibly the most perfect arrangement. I'm enjoying it hugely and feel so proud that I'm contributing to such a great publication.
Ladies, if you haven't read it yet, I strongly suggest you order yourself a copy. They can be ordered from the website :)

What else...

Oh yes! My amazing boyfriend and a variety of friends organised a suprise birthday for me! When I walked in and saw them my first instinct was to try and run away - I ran for the door and it's only because Tom's bigger than me that I didn't make it. He kind of blocked the way.
So yes, that was immense fun.
I have a placement at an American Summer Camp for June-August! I get to teach children how to make various pieces of jewellery, which will be loooots of fun.
Funfunfun.

And for now, that's it. I'm spending the Easter doing lots of revision - I've only got 2 exams, but they're in early May and they're quite important :)
Will try and drop by again soooooon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment